TerraBloom 12.3" (313mm) Inline Duct Fan, ECMF-315, 1662 CFM, 268W
INDEPENDENTLY TESTED SPECS: Independently lab-tested performance verified by the Home Ventilating Institute (HVI) and Energy-Star Most Efficient certification. See product documentation tab for more details.
- ENERGY SAVINGS: Built with cutting edge brushless EC Motor and dual jet type blades, this blower delivers 1662 CFM airflow rate using just 268 Watts at max speed. It translates into only $660 annual cost of 24/7 operation at max speed using $0.29 average cost per kWh. Our fans don’t “purge” or waste electricity at lower speeds
- QUIET & FULLY ADJUSTABLE: Choose from 2 included speed controllers. Analog granular type or digital with 8-speed presets and numeric screen. Adjust the motor speed from 0%-100% without creating any additional hum or background noise. Wireless and programmable thermostat speed controller add-ons available.
- PWM, 0-10V CONTROLLER SUPPORT: Our EC fans support external speed controllers with popular PWM and 0-10V signal types. The fan can be connected to an external controller using a 3.5mm TRRS wire supplied with the fan.
- COLD ROLLED STEEL HOUSING: Resists accidental damage, harsh elements and reduces maintenance in demanding applications such as ventilation of grow tents, gardens, farms, crawl spaces, attics, etc.
- COMPACT: Only 14.13" (H) x 11.42" (L) x 14.17" (W). Ideal applications with minimal space available. Installation hardware (screws and anchors) included in set
- ETL SAFETY LISTING: ECMF series fans are ETL listed and Conform to UL standard 507, Certified to CSA standard C22.2 No 113. Covered by 2-year warranty
- DUCT DIAMETER: 12.3” (313mm) * Airflow: 1662 CFM * Power: 260W * Noise: 50-75 dBA * Max Pressure: 500 Pa * Bearings: Dual Ball * Size: 14.02 x 14.17 x 11.42 in. * ETL Listed * Independently Tested and HVI Certified Performance * 2 Year Warranty
How to adjust ECMF series fan speed?
Each ECMF fan is supplied with a variable speed controller (potentiometer type). Speed controller connects to the fan via the supplied speed controller wire with 3.5mm TRRS male-to-male jacks (also known as T(ip)-R(ing)-R(ing)-S(leeve) jack). When connected, supplied speed controller allows users to select any speed between 0-100% of output according to the preferred use/noise level. If the speed controller is disconnected, ECMF fan will automatically work at 100% output.
Can an external speed controller be used to adjust ECMF series fan speed?
All ECMF series fans manufactured on 11/1/2019 or later support external speed controllers with PWM or 0-10 VDC signal types. Please verify that your speed controller or Building Management System is capable of controlling the equipment with PWM or 0-10 VDC signals.
Can I adjust the speed of this fan with a Raspberry PI or Arduino based controller device?
Yes, Raspberry PI and Arduino devices can be used to control the speed of our ECMF fans via PWM signal.
Will Rheostat Speed Controllers or Dimmer Switches work with ECMF fan?
Speed controllers designed for AC motors, such as rheostat speed controllers or dimmer switches, will not work with ECMF series fans. If you need a replacement of ECMF fan speed controllers please contact TerraBloom.
What are the requirements for the fan's operating environment?
ECMF fan can be operated in the environments with temperatures between 15°F(-10°C) to 140°F (60°C) and humidity levels not exceeding 90%. ECMF series fans have IPX4 IP Rating.
What type of ball bearing used in ECMF series fans?
ECMF fans are built with heavy-duty dual ball bearings rated for up to 70,000 hours of operation.
Can ECMF fans be used for boosting airflow in heater ducts?
ECMF can be installed in heating ducts with most modern home furnaces, however, it is important to ensure that the air temperature in the duct is not over 140°F for prolonged periods of time. Please note, fire places and fire-based heaters supply air at over 140°F, which will cause ECMF fan to trigger overheat safety switch and/or cause deformation of the impeller.
Are ECMF fans UL/ETL listed for use in commercial operations? Do they conform with commercial business insurance requirements?
TerraBlooms ECMF series fans are ETL listed and Conform to UL standards 507, Certified to CSA Standard C22.2 No 113 for United States and Canada. ECMF series fans can be used in commercial environments, where business insurance mandates operation of UL/ETL certified appliances only.