TerraBloom 8" EC Inline Duct Fan with Variable Speed Controller, ECMF-200, 569 CFM, 74W
- MEET OUR NEW 2021 MODEL: Now featuring an 8-speed digital controller with numeric display. Added support for 110-220V power supply and switchable IEC socket power cord.
INDEPENDENTLY TESTED SPECS: Independently lab-tested performance verified by the Home Ventilating Institute (HVI) and Energy-Star Most Efficient certification. See product documentation tab for more details.
- ENERGY SAVINGS: Built with a cutting edge brushless EC motor and dual jet type impeller, our new 8" ECMF series fans deliver 569 Cubic Feet per Minute (CFM) of Airflow using only 74 Watts.
- QUIET & FULLY ADJUSTABLE: Choose from 2 included speed controllers. Analog granular type or digital with 8-speed presets and numeric screen. Adjust the motor speed from 0%-100% without creating any additional hum or background noise. Wireless and programmable thermostat speed controller add-ons available.
- PWM, 0-10V CONTROLLER SUPPORT: Our EC fans support external speed controllers with popular PWM and 0-10V signal types. The fan can be connected to an external controller using a 3.5mm TRRS wire supplied with the fan.
- COLD ROLLED STEEL HOUSING: Resists accidental damage, harsh elements and reduces maintenance in demanding applications such as ventilation of grow tents, gardens, farms, crawl spaces, attics, etc.
- COMPACT: Only 8.75" (L) x 6.3" (W) x 8.86" (H). Ideal for applications with minimal space available. Installation hardware (screws and anchors) included in set
- ETL LISTED WITH 2 YR WARRANTY: ECMF series fans are ETL listed and Conform to UL standard 507, Certified to CSA standard C22.2 No 113. Covered by 2 year warranty
How loud is this 8" EC fan?
The sound output of our fans depends on
the speed selected. Please refer to the video below showing the sound
output of ECMF-200 fan at various speed levels from the lowest to the
maximum setting. The measurements of dB output are shown on the screen
in front of the unit and the microphone recording the sound is installed
5ft away from the fan.
What is included in set with ECMF fan?
1.Fan pre-wired with a 6.5ft long power cable and grounded 3-prong plug.2. Variable speed controller. 3. 16 Ft long Speed controller cable with 2 male 3.5mm TRRS jacks. 4. Installation Hardware (Screws and Anchors).
How to adjust ECMF series fan speed?
Each ECMF fan is supplied with a variable speed controller (potentiometer type). Speed controller connects to the fan via the supplied speed controller wire with 3.5mm TRRS male-to-male jacks (also known as T(ip)-R(ing)-R(ing)-S(leeve) jack). When connected, supplied speed controller allows users to select any speed between 0-100% of output according to the preferred use/noise level. If the speed controller is disconnected, ECMF fan will automatically work at 100% output.
Can an external speed controller be used to adjust ECMF series fan speed?
All ECMF series fans manufactured on 11/1/2019 or later support external speed controllers with PWM or 0-10 VDC signal types. Please verify that your speed controller or Building Management System is capable of controlling the equipment with PWM or 0-10 VDC signals.
Can I adjust the speed of this fan with a Raspberry PI or Arduino based controller device?
Yes, Raspberry PI and Arduino devices can be used to control the speed of our ECMF fans via PWM signal.
Will Rheostat Speed Controllers or Dimmer Switches work with ECMF fan?
Speed controllers designed for AC motors, such as rheostat speed controllers or dimmer switches, will not work with ECMF series fans. If you need a replacement of ECMF fan speed controllers please contact TerraBloom.
What are the requirements for the fan's operating environment?
ECMF fan can be operated in the environments with temperatures between 15°F(-10°C) to 140°F (60°C) and humidity levels not exceeding 90%. ECMF series fans have IPX4 IP Rating.
What type of ball bearing used in ECMF series fans?
ECMF fans are built with heavy-duty dual ball bearings rated for up to 70,000 hours of operation.
Can ECMF fans be used for boosting airflow in heater ducts?
ECMF can be installed in heating ducts with most modern home furnaces, however, it is important to ensure that the air temperature in the duct is not over 140°F for prolonged periods of time. Please note, fire places and fire-based heaters supply air at over 140°F, which will cause ECMF fan to trigger overheat safety switch and/or cause deformation of the impeller.