TerraBloom 10" Silenced EC Inline Duct Fan, ECMF-250-S, 946 CFM, 126W
- TerraBloom's New Silenced EC duct fans are made for demanding applications requiring strong directional airflow with minimal sound output, specifically designed for installations in close proximity to the living or working spaces.
- Built with a 2" thick layer of acoustic sound-insulating foam inside a steel body and four vibration-reducing suspension springs inside, the ECMF-S series fans offer a 10-15 dBa of noise output reduction (depending on speed setting used) vs the regular, non-insulated ECMF fans of matching size. Such noise output is perceived as 50% quieter to human hearing.
- Our EC inline fans are used in indoor grow facilities and vertical farms, heating and cooling transfer, commercial drying, and air filtration applications. Our inline blowers can also create negative pressure environments, simulate wind, exhaust odors, and smoke as well as intake fresh air from outdoors
- Built with a cutting-edge brushless EC Motor and dual jet type blades, this blower delivers a 946 CFM airflow rate using just 126 Watts at max speed. It translates into only $380 annual cost of 24/7 operation at max speed using $0.29 average cost per kWh. Our fans don’t “purge” or waste electricity at lower speeds. ECMF-250-S is HVI Certified and meets the ENERGY STAR Most Efficient 2021 Criteria.
- Our EC fan gives you unique flexibility of controls – choose any speed from 0 to 100% using the included variable speed controller without creating background noise or hum at low speeds. Or choose to upgrade to a wireless remote control (Model: ECMF-WR) or intelligent thermostat speed controller with temperature programming (Model: SC-ECMF). This fan also supports PWM and 0-10V controllers via a 3.5mm audio port
- Coated steel housing resists rust, protects motor and blades from accidental damage and harsh elements to reduce maintenance in demanding applications. This fan has an IP64 ingress protection rating
- ECMF-S fans are designed to be suspended from the joists, beams, or tent metal frame. With 4 pre-installed mounting hooks, the fan can be quickly installed using a set of metal cords or ratchet rope hangers of your choice (installation hardware not included in the set).
- Duct Diameter: 10” (250mm) * Airflow: 946 CFM * Power: 126W * Noise: 30-52 dBA (ducted, 6ft distance from inlet), * Max Pressure: 410 Pa * Bearings: Dual Ball * Size: 33.8 x 13.9 in. * ETL Listed * HVI Listed * Energy Star certified * 2 Year Warranty
What is the difference between the silenced and non-silenced EC fans?
A much quieter sound output profile is the key differentiator between the silenced and non-silenced versions of the EC fans we offer. In order to achieve the reduction in sound output equal to 10-15 dBa for the same sized model, we have built a much thicker steel case that contains over 2 inches of sound-insulated foam inside. To reduce the possibility of vibration the motor inside the silenced version is suspended on 4 springs. The length of the fan casing was increased by over 300% to prevent air turbulence on the exhaust side of the unit.
How loud is this 10" Silenced EC fan?
The sound output of our fans depends on the speed selected. Compared to the regular non-insulated version of our 10" EC fan this silenced version offers sound output reduction equal to 10-15dBA depending on the speed selected. Due to the non-linear nature of the decibel scale silenced version of our fans is perceived as 50% quieter compared to the regular non-insulate version of the same size. Please refer to the getting started video below for a reference of the sound output for each ECMF-S model:
What is the power input required for ECMF-S fans?
Our 6" (model: ECMF-150-S), 8" (model: ECMF-200-S) and 10" (model: ECMF-250-S) versions work from 110-240VAC power supply types. These models will work in the US, EU, UK, AU, Middle East, and Asia without the need for a step-down power transformer. Our 12" version (model: ECMF-315-S) currently works only from the 110-120VAC power supply. It is designed for North American power supply. Upon request and with pre-order, we do offer a 220-240VAC 12" version (model: ECMF-315-S) for the international market, please contact us What is included in a set with an ECMF-S fan? 1. Fan pre-wired with a 6.5ft long power cable equipped with IEC C13-C14 connected grounded power plug. The end of the power cable containing the power plug can be replaced without any tools to accommodate various types of power outlets 2. Two manual speed controllers: a granular variable speed controller and a digital 8-speed controller with a numeric screen showing the currently selected speed 3. 16-ft long speed controller cable with 2 male 3.5mm TRRS jacks. 4. 1-ft long DIY speed controller wire with 4 pins. 4. Installation Manual.
How can I be sure that the technical parameters of this fan are accurate?
TerraBloom's EC fans have gone through rigorous at an independent third-party testing facility (REEL lab at Texas A&M University) with precisely calibrated equipment. The results have been certified by both the Home Ventilation Institute and Energy Star Organization. The parameters stated on the spec sheet for our EC fans have been obtained using a very conservative, HVI mandated methodology.
How to install an ECMF-S series fan?
Due to the large size and the round shape of our silenced EC fans, the best way to install these units is by suspending them from a hard surface such as a joist, beam, or wooden ceiling. ECMF-S fans come with 4 pre-installed mounting hooks which enable you to hang the fan using metal chords, chain, or ratchet rope hangers (all suspension equipment is not included in the set with the fan). If the vertical installation is desired the fan can be mounted to the closest wall, joist, or beam using a set of metal bands (not included in the set with the fan). Such installation is not recommended for the larger 10" and 12" models due to the heavy weight and large size of these fans.
How to adjust ECMF-S series fan speed?
Each ECMF-S fan is supplied with two wired speed controllers: a granular analog variable speed dial controller and a digital 8-speed controller with a numeric screen. We also offer optional wireless remote add-on units which allow controlling the speed of the fan from up 50ft away (model: ECMF-WR) and a programmable thermostat controller which can adjust the speed of the fan based on the changes of room temperature and user's selected parameters (model: ECMF-SC). All speed controllers connect to the fan via the supplied 16-ft long speed controller wire with 3.5mm TRRS male-to-male jacks (also known as TRRS/T(ip)-R(ing)-R(ing)-S(leeve) jack). As a safety precaution, the speed controller must be connected to the fan in order for the fan to start. If the speed controller is not connected the fan will not start. When jacks are not fully inserted and secured with a plastic nut (insert until you hear/feel a click of the connector settling into the socket) the fan might be working at full speed only or work at an incorrect speed.
Can an external speed controller be used to adjust ECMF-S series fan speed?
All ECMF series fans manufactured after 2019 support external programmable MCU-based speed controllers with PWM or 0-10 VDC signal feature. Please verify that your speed controller or Building Management System is capable of controlling the equipment with PWM or 0-10 VDC signals and can send these signals via a single pin wire. PWM or 0-10 VDC signals must be sent to the fan using a supplied DIY 3.5mm cable with 4 pins via the blue-colored wire.
Can I adjust the speed of this fan with a Raspberry PI or Arduino-based controller device?
Yes, Raspberry PI and Arduino devices can be used to control the speed of our ECMF fans via PWM signal. Please refer to the instructional videos below for a detailed explanation on how to control the speed of your fan using various MCUs (Raspberry Pi, Arduino, ESP32 + Google Cloud):
Will Rheostat Speed Controllers or Dimmer Switches work with ECMF-S fans?
Speed controllers designed for AC motors, such as rheostat speed controllers or dimmer switches, will not work with ECMF series fans. Contrary to AC motor fans, EC fans are controlled by digital signals which communicate with the fan's Power Control Board that supplies current to the motor. Any controller designed for operation with an AC motor, with the exception of the simple Power ON/OFF switch, will not work to adjust the speed of our EC fans.
What are the requirements for the fan's operating environment?
ECMF fan can be operated in the environments with temperatures between 15°F(-10°C) to 140°F (60°C) and humidity levels not exceeding 90%. ECMF-S series fans have IP64 IP Ingress Rating. What type of ball bearing is used in ECMF-S series fans? ECMF-S fans are built with heavy-duty dual ball bearings rated for up to 70,000 hours of operation.
Can ECMF-S fans be used for boosting airflow in heater ducts?
ECMF-S can be installed in heating ducts with most modern gas-operated home furnaces, however, it is important to ensure that the air temperature in the duct is not over 140°F for prolonged periods of time. Please note, fireplaces and fire-based heaters supply air at over 140°F, using our fans with a fireplace or fire-based furnaces/heating devices will cause immediate damage to the electronic components of your ECMF-S and void any manufacturer's warranty.
Are ECMF fans UL/ETL listed for use in commercial operations? Do they conform with commercial business insurance requirements?
TerraBlooms ECMF series fans are ETL listed and Conform to UL standards 507, Certified to CSA Standard C22.2 No 113 for the United States and Canada. ECMF series fans can be used in commercial environments, where business insurance mandates the operation of UL/ETL-certified appliances only.